To The Shlesinger Center,
I would appreciate your input as regards this difficult situation. It has come to my attention that an "orthodox" physician in the private practice of family medicine has a history of voyeuring his teenage daughter and other young female family members for over ten years. The doctor has admitted to the facts and yet remains in practice, and the story remains a secret within the family.
The questions I have are as follows:
1) Is it appropriate for him to continue in the private practice of medicine and if so with what restrictions or supervision ?
2) What are the obligations of community Rabbis and physicians who aware of the situation ?
3) Should community and/or professional organisations be approached ?
4) Must the community and unsuspecting patients br informed of the situation ?
5) What are the halachic prohibitions reagarding voyeurism and what implications are there for a physician in such a position of trust and responsibility.
I understand what a difficult and sensitive issue this is and I would be most appreciative of your help. I thank for your consideration .
אני באמצעו של השבוע ה37 להריוני השני. בתחילת שבוע זה , לאחר בדיקה שגרתית אצל הרופאה נאמר לי שאני במצב של פתיחה של 4 ס"מ.