1. The answer is affirmative.
2. It is not permissible to eat or drink in the described anatomy lab.
3. In general, the Minhagim of the Chevra Kadisha apply only to deceased that they are in charge of, but Minhagiom that have to do with Kvod Hamet apply in every case.
4. Actions and conventions depicted in this question originate with basic dignity – kvod hamet, and therefore apply universally.
5. The obligation to wash the hands after touching the dead exists in any case.
PDF Button Dear Dr Halperin,I am a Jewish dentist practicing in Stamford Hill, a Chassidishe community in London. I would be grateful if you could